Taekwondo is great for children. Grand Master Oh says that children, especially those who lacked self-confidence prior to starting their training, flourish while learning taekwondo. Taekwondo is also very effective in helping children develop the confidence to handle the stress of today’s school environment.
There are a number of reasons for this:
- The process of improving their skill develops children’s determination and self discipline – these skills impact many areas of their lives including their studies
- Performing training routines in front of other students and an audience builds their confidence, poise and leadership skills
- Taekwondo improves children’s fitness, balance and coordination
- Children who may have been bullied in the past become confident because they know they can defend themselves.
Grand Master Oh’s training emphasises the traditional taekwondo values of modesty, discipline and control.
Classes are divided based on age group.
- Classes for children aged 4 – 6 years are small and specially designed by Grand Master Oh for this pre-school age group. Classes go for 45 minutes and include a number of breaks.
- Classes for children aged 6 and above go for 60 minutes and are held every weeknight.
With our ‘first class free’ offer, you can find out if taekwondo is right for your child. We also offer special discounts for families. Contact us today for more information.